The Smith School's Office of Development and Alumni Relations offers a series of virtual career resources for alumni including HireSmith and SmithConnector. Below, you will find descriptions and instructions on how to access HireSmith and SmithConnector. Additionally, you will find information about other resources that are available to Smith alumni.
HireSmith is the Smith School's online career services and hiring platform. This new and improved online tool offers employers the ability to search for full-time undergraduate and MBA students, part-time MBAs, executive MBAs, MS students and alumni talent. For access to HireSmith, please email email@example.com
To register, go to HireSmith
Follow the steps below to create your profile
1. Click "profile" at the top of the page
2. Complete your profile, paying attention to the required fields. Make sure at least the personal information, academic information and privacy sections of the profile are up to date. You will not be able to search and apply for jobs until you have completed your profile and uploaded a resume.
3. You must upload a resume before you can apply to jobs. To do so, click documents
at the top of the screen. Click add new
and select the appropriate document type to upload. Click Submit
To search for jobs on HireSmith
1. Go to Jobs/HireSmith jobs
(at the top)
2. Select Show me: Jobs I Qualify for (all)
from the first drop down box
SmithConnector is the online community for alumni and graduate students. To register, go to SmithConnector and click First Time Login
on the login box at the right on the homeapage. Please complete the following three steps to log in:
1. Enter your last name
2. A unique SmithConnector ID# (How do I get this?
3. Click next
Note: This login and password are only temporary and must be changed after the initial login.
Once you've registered in the SmithConnector, you can:
* Organize your online content all in one place (photos, news feeds & widgets)
* Search job opportunities (click Find | Post a Job under the "Career" tab.
* Keep your former classmates up to date through Class Notes
* Log into SmithConnector with your Facebook username and password via Facebook Connect
In June of 2010, the Alumni Career Services (ACS) initiative was re-structured to provide more virtual career support. One-on-one alumni career consulting is no longer offered through ACS. However, one of our former MBA career coaches, Sandra L. Steward, MBA, PCC, has agreed to provide consulting services for a nominal fee to Smith alumni. Steward is an executive coach and consultant with more than 15 years of experience in the public, private and non-profit sectors. She conducts organizational assessments and coaches executives in executive leadership development and organizational change projects. Please speak with her directly for more information. She can be reached at (202) 244-8883 or visit her website at www.slscoachingandconsulting.com
There are two Smith alumni groups in LinkedIn that provide another way to stay connected to the Smith School community:
Robert H. Smith School of Business Alumni (for undergraduate and MS alumni)
Robert H. Smith School of Business MBA Alumni (for MBA alumni)
These groups host relevant discussions and provide information about the latest Smith news, alumni events and job opportunities. Please visit LinkedIn
to establish an account and/or to join one or both of the groups.